(Senior) Project Geologist
Fieldwork – Remote work – (preference for AZ or NV based) – Full-time
Zacapa Resources is a well-funded U.S. focused copper and gold exploration company conducting responsible exploration for the new energy economy. We are seeking two qualified individuals to help lead exploration on our portfolio of Cu-Au porphyry and epithermal exploration projects in the southwestern U.S. The projects range from greenfields mapping and sampling through to resource definition, allowing the ideal candidate ample opportunity to grow with the company.
In the role of Project Geologist or Senior Project Geologist you will assist the team in advancing Zacapa’s portfolio of projects by planning, leading, and executing exploration activities. The Project Geologist role will also include prospect evaluation and due diligence on new venture opportunities. Zacapa is looking for talented, enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals with a passion for discovery.
- Oversee the planning and execution of geological mapping, geochemical sampling, and geophysical surveys
- Interpret exploration results and provide recommendations to advance projects
- Generate drill targets, collaborate on drillhole planning and permitting, execute drill programs, and ensure the collection of quality geologic data
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior geologists and field technicians
- Implement and oversee QA/QC protocols to ensure the highest quality of data
- Provide regular reports on activities and findings
- Ensure projects are delivered within budget and completed in a timely and safe manner
- Follow health and safety, community relations, and environmental best practices
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Geology (MSc preferred)
- 3 to 8 years of experience in mineral exploration and/or mining, ideally experience in southwest U.S. porphyry and epithermal systems
- Skilled in producing high quality geologic maps and sections from surface and subsurface data
- Experience working with drill contractors and supervising drilling, core handling and logging
- Disciplined scientist with ability to work in a team environment or autonomously and complete programs in an organized and safe manner
- Proficient with ArcGIS or QGIS, with knowledge of Leapfrog or other 3D software an asset
About Zacapa Resources
Zacapa Resources is a U.S. focused mineral exploration company advancing porphyry and epithermal copper and gold projects in Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, and Idaho. Zacapa focuses on drill-ready targets in prolific belts that have Tier 1 discovery potential. The portfolio includes Red Top and Pearl in the heart of Arizona’s Laramide porphyry belt; the Tomichi Cu-Mo porphyry deposit in the Colorado Mineral Belt; Miller Mountain in Idaho’s epithermal Au-rich Trans-Challis fault zone; and Dewdrop Moon and South Bullfrog in the Yerington District and Beatty District respectively of Nevada’s prolific Walker Lane trend.
Interested applicants please send a CV and brief introductory email to email@example.com with subject line: Project Geologist.